DANBURY, Conn. -- The Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Danbury won the prestigious Spirit Award for the second year in a row at the annual Connecticut Arthur Murray Dance Competition.
The award is given to the team that demonstrates the best sportsmanship throughout the weekend competition. It includes the team’s mascot and a spirit cheer that each studio prepares in advance.
“We are so proud to have won the Spirit Award again this year,” said Nicole Almeida, owner of Arthur Murray of Danbury, in a statement. “It just demonstrates what a wonderful team of teachers we have at the studio.”
The trophy will be on display at the studio at 345 Main St. in Danbury.
It is open Monday through Friday from 1 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Established in 1979, Arthur Murray of Danbury teaches all types of partner dancing, from Latin to ballroom to swing.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove