DANBURY, Conn. -- The Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Danbury won the prestigious Spirit Award for the second year in a row at the annual Connecticut Arthur Murray Dance Competition.
The award is given to the team that demonstrates the best sportsmanship throughout the weekend competition. It includes the team’s mascot and a spirit cheer that each studio prepares in advance.
“We are so proud to have won the Spirit Award again this year,” said Nicole Almeida, owner of Arthur Murray of Danbury, in a statement. “It just demonstrates what a wonderful team of teachers we have at the studio.”
The trophy will be on display at the studio at 345 Main St. in Danbury.
It is open Monday through Friday from 1 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Established in 1979, Arthur Murray of Danbury teaches all types of partner dancing, from Latin to ballroom to swing.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open