DANBURY, Conn. -- The Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Danbury won the prestigious Spirit Award for the second year in a row at the annual Connecticut Arthur Murray Dance Competition.
The award is given to the team that demonstrates the best sportsmanship throughout the weekend competition. It includes the team’s mascot and a spirit cheer that each studio prepares in advance.
“We are so proud to have won the Spirit Award again this year,” said Nicole Almeida, owner of Arthur Murray of Danbury, in a statement. “It just demonstrates what a wonderful team of teachers we have at the studio.”
The trophy will be on display at the studio at 345 Main St. in Danbury.
It is open Monday through Friday from 1 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Established in 1979, Arthur Murray of Danbury teaches all types of partner dancing, from Latin to ballroom to swing.
- 1 2 Hurt After Car Spins Out, Box Truck Overturns On I-84 In Danbury
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Drug Trafficker Gets Seven Years In Prison For Danbury Home Invasions
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Danbury
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Danbury; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely