DANBURY, Conn. -- A job fair planned for Danbury on Monday, March 3, has been rescheduled until next week, the Connecticut Department of Labor announced.
The fair will now be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, March 10, at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury.
There is no cost for job seekers to attend, and parking is free. The fair will include area employers, professional resume writers from the Labor Department to assist with resume development and employment workshops offering tips and information on finding new jobs or changing careers.
"Unlike other fairs that are profit-driven, our main concern is connecting skilled and qualified job seekers with employment opportunities that local companies have to offer," the Department of Labor said in a statement.
Companies expected to attend include the following:
- Adam Brodericks Salon and Spa: looking for full- and part-time stylist, colorists, estheticians, massage therapists, nail and spa therapists, hospitality coordinator, reservation specialist, makeup artist, salon intern
- Ashcroft Inc.: looking for full-time assembly worker, skilled production, machinist, machine operator
- AXA Advisors: looking for full-time commissioned financial sales agents
- Banker’s Life and Casualty: looking for full-time insurance sales agent, management trainee program
- Becton Dickinson: looking for full-time engineer, technician, skilled production, machinist, machine operator, mechanic, quality control workers, warehouse workers, shipping & receiving clerk
- Belimo Americas: looking for full-time assemblers, picker/packers, customer service rep, group leaders, human resource generalist, product managers, tradeshow coordinator
- Benchmark Senior Living- Village at Brookfield Commons and Ridgefield Crossings: looking for full- and part-time resident care associates, home health aides, dishwashers, drivers, servers
- Charter Communications: looking for full-time engineer, technician, marketing/sales representative, customer service representative, quality control workers
- Connecticut Office of Higher Education: looking for full-time workers
- David Lerner Associates: looking for full-time financial sales agents
- M & S Paving and Sealing Inc.: looking for full-time marketing/sales rep, general office, construction trades worker, drivers
- Marrakech: looking for full- and part-time counselor, mental health worker/aide, nurse-LPN, nurse-RN, CNA/health aides, human services workers, social worker, case managers, paraprofessionals
- National Life Group: looking for insurance worker, administrative assistant, financial sales/planner/adviser, management trainee - retail, sales associate/retail
- New York Life: looking for full-time financial sales agents, marketing/sales rep
- Northwestern Mutual: looking for full- and part-time financial representatives, financial advisers, wealth managers
- Primerica: looking for full- and part-time sales and management
- Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association: full time, part time, per diem
- Stamford Tent & Event Services: full- and part-time administrative assistant, construction trades worker, drivers, skilled production, mechanic, warehouse workers, tent installer
- Wake Up Now: looking for full- and part-time marketing/sales rep
- Wheels Convenience Stores: looking for full and part-time cashiers, retail management
Job hunters are encouraged to attend and bring resumes. More information is available online.
Ethan Allen Inn is at 21 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend