DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Fair Mall has welcomed one new restaurant on its first floor just as another one closed in the food court area.
Melissa Eigen, senior manager for marketing at Danbury Fair, said Kusulyn has opened next door to Red Robin.
"Kusulyn has the same owners as Koo in Danbury," said Eigen. It will serve up a wide variety Asian Fusion fare, including sushi as well as more traditional Asian dishes, she said.
Koo, at 29 E. Pembroke Road near Candlewood Lake, offers unique Neo-Asian specialties as well as extensive choices of Hibachi and Sushi. Both restaurants offer an extensive menu and has something for everyone from the fusion of Chinese, Japanese and Neo-Asian delicacies.
The Sbarro pizza place, a fixture in the food court, closed last week. Eigen could not comment on the reasoning for the closing. But Long Island-based Sbarro filed for bankruptcy Monday and said it had closed 180 of its locations and had plans to close 50 more. This is Sbarro's second bankruptcy filing in the past three years.
- 1 Danbury Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 3 Malloy Promotes Second Chance Society Reforms In Danbury
- 4 Danbury OKs $238M Budget With 2.4% Tax Hike
- 5 Daily Voice Leaders: Farooq Kathwari, CEO Of Danbury's Ethan Allen