NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk-based Priceline.com announced it will purchase the restaurant booking website OpenTable for $2.6 billion, according to The New York Times.
OpenTable is an American public company that offers online real-time restaurant-reservation service.
The acquisition carries the largest price ever paid out by Priceline, which earlier purchased the travel comparison website Kayak.com for $1.8 billion, The Times reported.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 3 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Danbury, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast