NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk-based Priceline.com announced it will purchase the restaurant booking website OpenTable for $2.6 billion, according to The New York Times.
OpenTable is an American public company that offers online real-time restaurant-reservation service.
The acquisition carries the largest price ever paid out by Priceline, which earlier purchased the travel comparison website Kayak.com for $1.8 billion, The Times reported.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night