NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk-based Priceline.com announced it will purchase the restaurant booking website OpenTable for $2.6 billion, according to The New York Times.
OpenTable is an American public company that offers online real-time restaurant-reservation service.
The acquisition carries the largest price ever paid out by Priceline, which earlier purchased the travel comparison website Kayak.com for $1.8 billion, The Times reported.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn