NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk-based Priceline.com announced it will purchase the restaurant booking website OpenTable for $2.6 billion, according to The New York Times.
OpenTable is an American public company that offers online real-time restaurant-reservation service.
The acquisition carries the largest price ever paid out by Priceline, which earlier purchased the travel comparison website Kayak.com for $1.8 billion, The Times reported.
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn