NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk-based Priceline.com announced it will purchase the restaurant booking website OpenTable for $2.6 billion, according to The New York Times.
OpenTable is an American public company that offers online real-time restaurant-reservation service.
The acquisition carries the largest price ever paid out by Priceline, which earlier purchased the travel comparison website Kayak.com for $1.8 billion, The Times reported.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off
- 5 Shirley M. O'Marra, Longtime Danbury Resident