NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Office of Healthcare Access has given the go-ahead for Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital to merge, according to thehour.com.
The merger will allow all three hospitals--New Milford Hospital is also included in the merger--to save millions in expenses over the coming years with decreases in salaries and benefits as well as savings in supply and drug costs, thehour.com reported.
The approval of the Certificate of Need Application will bring all three under the auspices of Western Connecticut Health Network Inc.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director