NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Office of Healthcare Access has given the go-ahead for Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital to merge, according to thehour.com.
The merger will allow all three hospitals--New Milford Hospital is also included in the merger--to save millions in expenses over the coming years with decreases in salaries and benefits as well as savings in supply and drug costs, thehour.com reported.
The approval of the Certificate of Need Application will bring all three under the auspices of Western Connecticut Health Network Inc.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off