NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Office of Healthcare Access has given the go-ahead for Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital to merge, according to thehour.com.
The merger will allow all three hospitals--New Milford Hospital is also included in the merger--to save millions in expenses over the coming years with decreases in salaries and benefits as well as savings in supply and drug costs, thehour.com reported.
The approval of the Certificate of Need Application will bring all three under the auspices of Western Connecticut Health Network Inc.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport