DANBURY, Conn. -- The United Way of Western Connecticut kicked off its recent Day of Action event with a community award breakfast at The Amber Room Colonnade in Danbury.
The United Way honored companies for their generous corporate and individual giving during its 2014-15 annual United Way campaign, according to a press release.
The following companies were recognized with:
- The Chairman’s Award to companies that generated the highest amount of locally raised dollars: Branson, Duracell, Eversource, Fairfield County Bank, GE Capital, Kimberly-Clark and Webster Bank.
- Pacesetter Award to companies for increasing their annual campaign results: Pitney Bowes and Praxair Inc.
- Community Engagement Award to companies with the greatest overall campaign participation and broad community outreach: Savings Bank of Danbury
- Leadership Award to companies with the highest percentage of leadership donors: UPS
- Imagination Award to companies that have the most creative and innovative campaign events: Cartus Corp.
The June 3 breakfast was the same day the United Way of Western Connecticut sent out nearly 550 volunteers from 27 local businesses and corporations to demonstrate their commitment to volunteerism and community support by taking part in UWWC’s Annual Day of Action. More than 40 projects were completed that helped more than 30 nonprofit agencies throughout greater Danbury and New Milford.
“Volunteers are the foundation of every successful organization and every thriving community,” said Kim Morgan, CEO of United Way of Western Connecticut, in a press release. “We are grateful to be surrounded by so many socially responsible companies who truly value volunteerism and who encourage their employees to dedicate a workday to volunteering. It is because of their leadership and commitment to our community that so much important work is done and so many lives are changed.”
The United Way of Western Connecticut is trying to create long-lasting community change by addressing the underlying causes of problems that prevent progress in these areas, according to a press release.
For more information about United Way of Western Connecticut, visit: www.uwwesternct.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.