DANBURY, Conn. – The life and work of journalist-author Vito Russo, a founding member of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, will be the subject of a discussion Wednesday night with the LGBT community at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury.
Author Michael Schiavi, who wrote a book about Russo’s influence and life, will discuss Russo’s life and dedication. His book, “Celluloid Activist: The Life and Times of Vito Russo,” detailed Russo’s childhood and life with AIDS.
The event begins at 6 p.m., is free and open to the public, and will be held in the Student Center Theater at 181 White St.
For more information, contact Don Gagnon, associate professor of English, co-director of American studies and co-sponsor of the event, at 203-837-8062.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury