DANBURY, Conn. – The life and work of journalist-author Vito Russo, a founding member of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, will be the subject of a discussion Wednesday night with the LGBT community at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury.
Author Michael Schiavi, who wrote a book about Russo’s influence and life, will discuss Russo’s life and dedication. His book, “Celluloid Activist: The Life and Times of Vito Russo,” detailed Russo’s childhood and life with AIDS.
The event begins at 6 p.m., is free and open to the public, and will be held in the Student Center Theater at 181 White St.
For more information, contact Don Gagnon, associate professor of English, co-director of American studies and co-sponsor of the event, at 203-837-8062.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove