DANBURY, Conn. - It has become known as the “The Felonious Fire Bug of Danbury”, and the mystery arsonist of the early 1890's is still under investigation.
The Danbury Historical Society will be playing host to Western Connecticut State University Archivist Brian Stevens for a talk about the string of arsons that struck Danbury in the three years prior to 1891.
According to a brief from the university's library, the story of the "Firebug" would have disappeared if the reports made by the famed Pinkerton National Detective Agency hadn't been kept safe for the last 122 years.
No one was ever caught and charged with the string of arsons that spread through Danbury. The talk led by Stevens will take place on Aug. 3 at 2 p.m. at the Danbury Historical Society, 43 Main St.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport