DANBURY, Conn. - It has become known as the “The Felonious Fire Bug of Danbury”, and the mystery arsonist of the early 1890's is still under investigation.
The Danbury Historical Society will be playing host to Western Connecticut State University Archivist Brian Stevens for a talk about the string of arsons that struck Danbury in the three years prior to 1891.
According to a brief from the university's library, the story of the "Firebug" would have disappeared if the reports made by the famed Pinkerton National Detective Agency hadn't been kept safe for the last 122 years.
No one was ever caught and charged with the string of arsons that spread through Danbury. The talk led by Stevens will take place on Aug. 3 at 2 p.m. at the Danbury Historical Society, 43 Main St.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer