DANBURY, Conn. --A yoga for scoliosis workshop will be conducted from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 25 at Yoga Culture in Danbury.
This class is for students of all levels with any type of scoliosis, including students who have had corrective surgery with rod implementation and/or spinal fusion. Students will gain valuable experience addressing their specific type of scoliosis.
This class will be led by Rebecca Heiden, a “scoli yogi” herself, who had corrective surgery in 1980, consisting of Harrington rod implementation and spinal fusion.
The class will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology of scoliosis.
- The four most common patterns of scoliosis.
- Psychological and social implications associated with having scoliosis.
- Postures and individualized postural modifications to address the student’s specific scoliotic pattern, which may help to reduce progression of the curvature, reduce pain and discomfort that often accompanies scoliosis and perhaps even bring some correction to the curvature.
- How to use props to specifically address scoliotic pattern.
The cost of the class is $55, and SuperPass members get a 15 percent discount to $46.75.
Heiden has trained with and has certification in yoga for scoliosis from Elise Browning Miller, a senior Iyengar instructor and world-renowned yoga for scoliosis expert.
Prior to class, Heiden will contact each student for a brief spinal history to ensure proper and individualized attention can be paid to each student.
Click here for more information or to sign up for the class.
Yoga Culture is at 105 Mill Plain Road, Danbury.