DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Library's "Wild Winter Reading Bingo" is under way.
The library is encouraging adults to read during the winter through the "Wild Winter Reading Bingo Game" that offers incentives and prizes over the next couple of months.
“In lieu of a summer reading program for adults, we changed things up a bit last year and offered adults a fun reading program in the winter. We got a great response so we are continuing the game again this year,” said Maryellen DeJong, Community Relations Coordinator. “We again have some really great prizes that have been made possible through funding provided by the Friends of the Danbury Library that include gift cards for groceries, gas, retail shopping and a local restaurant.”
Readers can pick up their Bingo cards at a special display in the library. Readers achieve a Bingo by reading three books (or listening to audiobooks) in a column and in the specific category identified in the boxes. Books read between Dec. 2 and March 18 are eligible for this year’s game. Each reader may complete up to four Bingo cards. All cards must be deposited into the Bingo box on the main floor by 7 p.m. March 18.
For more information, residents can contact the Community Relations Office at 203-796-8061. The library is located at 170 Main St. in Danbury.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced