DANBURY, CONN. — The Ives Concert Park in Danbury, which kicks off its summer series this weekend with back-to-back shows by .moe on Saturday and Gov't Mule on Sunday, has added radio legend Garrison Keillor to its lineup.
On Saturday, The Wood Brothers will open for .moe. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and the opening act is scheduled to take the stage at 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 for reserved seats and $20 for lawn seats, plus fees at ticketmaster.com.
On Sunday, Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers open for Gov't Mule. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and the opening act is scheduled to take the stage at 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 for reserved seats and $20 for lawn seats, plus fees, when purchased in advance at ticketmaster.com. Tickets at the gate will be $40 for reserved seats and $25 for lawn seats, plus fees, cash only.
A two-show ticket for .moe and Gov’t Mule will be $50 for reserved seats and $30 for the lawn, plus fees, advance sales only at ticketmaster.com.
Other shows this summer, including some recently announced, include:
• Tony Bennett at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 13. Reserved tickets are $86; lawn tickets are $36.
• Summerland Tour 2013 Alternative Guitars starring Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge at 8 p.m. on Friday, July 19. Reserved tickets are $35; lawn tickets are $20.
• Brandi Carlile at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 20. Reserved tickets are $39.50; lawn tickets are $25.
• Garrison Keillor's “A Prairie Home Companion Radio Romance Tour 2013” on Thursday, July 25. Tickets are $80 and $55 reserved; $25 advance or $30 day-of-show on lawn.
• Dropkick Murphys with Swingin’ Utters on Thursday, Aug. 22, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 general admission or $35 day-of-show.
Also, the WCSU Department of Theatre Arts will present “Alice in Wonderland.” on July 6 at 2 and 7 p.m. July 7 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for children ages 16 and under, or $40 for a family pack.
"War Stars: An Unauthorized Parody," will also be making its debut on Saturday, July 6. The presentation is described by Ives Concert Park as "No set, no props, just lights and one man telling the story, living the battles, finding the robots and learning the ways of some mysterious force that binds the galaxy together." Tickets are $10. Admission is free for guests holding tickets to "Alice in Wonderland" from the 7 p.m. showing.
For those interested in acrobatics and dance, Golden Dragon Acrobats will take the stage on Sunday, July 14 at 7:30 p.m.. The show will "combine award-winning acrobatics, traditional dancing, ancient and contemporary music, and theatrical techniques" in a show of expertise and finesse. Tickets are $25 for adults, $15 for seniors or children under 12, and $40 for a family four-pack.
The outdoor venue is located on the Western Connecticut State University Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury. Tickets for each show are available at ticketmaster.com.
For more information, visit ivesconcertpark.com.