DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Youth Services is hosting a "Dancing with the Stars" event, a night of dancing and fun, with proceeds to benefit its programming.
The event will be at The Palace Danbury on Saturday, April 25, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. It is sponsored by Union Savings Bank and is in partnership with A Common Ground Community Arts Center and Arthur Murray.
"Without the support from the community's local dance studios and dedicated community professional dancers and stars this would not be possible. I am very thankful for their support and belief in the DYS mission and the countless hours they have put into their dance routines," said Julie Schmitter, executive director.
"This is the first year DYS is hosting a 'Dancing with the Stars' event and by bringing guests to The Palace Danbury, I hope it showcases the beautiful downtown area and what it has to offer."
The event features a reception hour with live music as well as offering delicious appetizers and drinks from local restaurants and a chance for supporters to vote for their favorite dance star.
This year's "Dancing with the Stars" event features the following "Stars" and "Dancers":
- Andrea Gartner, City Center executive director, dancing with Andy Cabell from Arthur Murray;
- David Arconti, state representative for Danbury, dancing with Elizabeth Cotter;
- Dinilio Jimenez, DYS board member, dancing with Tara Aston from Arthur Murray;
- Dana Perez, Danbury Westside Middle School counselor, dancing with Jill Hancock from A Common Ground;
- Jack Deep, owner and manager of Deep's Hardware, dancing with Jen Spagnolo Danise from A Common Ground;
- and Susan Tomanio, executive director Elderly Services at City of Danbury, dancing with Mike Rodrigues from Arthur Murray.
Reservations can be made by contacting Diane Doling at 203-748-2936 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is $75 per person with some special rates available. Votes are $10 per vote.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.