DARIEN, Conn. -- Mary Simses, a Darien born and raised author, is returning to Connecticut to promote her debut novel, "Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe."
She will appear at the Wilton Library on Tuesday, July 8, at 7:30 p.m., and at Barnes & Noble in Westport on Wednesday, July 9, at 7 p.m.
Simses, an attorney who currently lives in South Florida, discovered her passion for the written word when she was just 8 years old. After studying journalism in college, Simses worked in magazine publishing for a number of years before returning to school to study law.
Still yearning to write, Simses enrolled in fiction writing classes at the University of Connecticut and began to pursue her dream.
Her debut novel, "The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe," tells the story of a high-powered Manhattan attorney who finds love, purpose, and the promise of a simpler life in her grandmother's hometown of Beacon, Maine.
For more summer reading options, visit Fairfieldista.com
Ann Quasarano is a Westport-based freelance writer and the author Fairfieldista.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 3 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street