DARIEN, Conn. -- Mary Simses, a Darien born and raised author, is returning to Connecticut to promote her debut novel, "Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe."
She will appear at the Wilton Library on Tuesday, July 8, at 7:30 p.m., and at Barnes & Noble in Westport on Wednesday, July 9, at 7 p.m.
Simses, an attorney who currently lives in South Florida, discovered her passion for the written word when she was just 8 years old. After studying journalism in college, Simses worked in magazine publishing for a number of years before returning to school to study law.
Still yearning to write, Simses enrolled in fiction writing classes at the University of Connecticut and began to pursue her dream.
Her debut novel, "The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe," tells the story of a high-powered Manhattan attorney who finds love, purpose, and the promise of a simpler life in her grandmother's hometown of Beacon, Maine.
For more summer reading options, visit Fairfieldista.com
Ann Quasarano is a Westport-based freelance writer and the author Fairfieldista.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport