RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Playhouse is set to present "Ellis Island: Gateway to a Dream" on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
The special Arts in Education program will run at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The programming makes it possible for kids to learn life lessons in the context of live theatrical performance, the playhouse said.
The Ridgefield Playhouse and Union Savings Bank will announce the winners of the essay contest for all students attending "Ellis Island: Gateway to a Dream." Winners will be announced and invited onto the stage after the performance.
"This show allows children to experience what it might be like to come to 'the land of the free' when they attend this high-spirited musical," representatives said.
The event is supported by Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation, The Box of Rain Foundation, First Student Buses, The Leir Retreat Center, The Philip H. and Christine Lodewick Foundation, Newman's Own Foundation and Union Savings Bank.
Tickets are $10 and are available at the box office at 203-438-5795, or online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later