DANBURY, Conn. — Kevin Boothe of the New York Giants will attend a United Way of Western Connecticut community volunteer recruitment event at the Danbury War Memorial on Friday, March 21.
Boothe will visit the the War Memorial from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. The event will also feature local nonprofits that work with youth. The event is open to the community and the press is invited to attend.
In response to United Way’s national education goals, a core group of college-educated, civic-minded National Football League players from across the country have teamed with United Way to recruit 1 million volunteer readers, tutors and mentors. Each player is on point to use his NFL celebrity and reach to register 3,000 volunteer pledges by June.
By pledging to be a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor, community members will be joining Team Boothe in United Way’s efforts in helping kids succeed in school. By focusing on building kids’ academic skills in the early years, volunteers can set young students on a path to graduation and a better life.
To access Kevin Boothe’s volunteer recruitment registration page, visit www.unitedway.org/team-nfl/players/kevin-boothe/
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn