Police in Fairfield counties will join law enforcement nationwide and across the globe in sharing coffee with the their communities.
National Coffee with a Cop Day is celebrated annually on Friday, Oct. 7 as a way to build relationships between local police and the public.
Since the endeavor was first launched in 2011 in California, it's spread to all 50 states and beyond. Canada, Europe, Australia and Africa have joined in the community police outreach venture this year, according to Coffee with a Cop website.
The goal is to bring local police and residents together in a casual setting to encourage conversation, exchange ideas and get to know one another.
Join local police in Fairfield County for a cup of coffee at these locations,
- Norwalk Dunkin' Donuts, 196 East Ave., 8-10 a.m.
- Norwalk Dunkin' Donuts, 195 Main St., 8-10 a.m.
- Monroe Dunkin' Donuts, 135 Main St., 7:30-10 a.m.
- Uncle Leo's Coffee & Donuts, Redding, 19 Main St., on Saturday, Oct. 8, , 9-11 a.m. First 25 cups after 9 a.m. are on the Redding Police Department.
- Brookfield Deli & Catering, 782 Federal Road, on Saturday, Oct. 8, 8-9:30 a.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.