DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Library will offer a free workshop for high school graduates who are heading off to college this fall on Saturday, July 26, from 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. with tips offered by an insider.
Tom Bisogno, who teaches “Decision Making in Groups” at Western Connecticut State University, will lead the class.
Many college students have difficulties or drop out within the first two years because they are not prepared to tackle the academic requirements, adjust to different teaching styles or make good decisions about other basics of college life such as finances, lifestyle choices, class attendance and study habits, organizers said.
Some of the topics to be covered in the workshop are: seeking help on academic requirements and getting settled; time management, attendance, punctuality and dealing with stress; the importance of the course syllabus; and studying, assignments and plagiarism.
Registration is required online at danburylibrary.org, click on “Events” or call 203-797-4527.
The Danbury Library is located at 170 Main St.
- 1 2 Hurt After Car Spins Out, Box Truck Overturns On I-84 In Danbury
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Drug Trafficker Gets Seven Years In Prison For Danbury Home Invasions
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Danbury
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Danbury; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely