RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Singer/songwriter Martin Sexton is coming to The Ridgefield Playhouse at 8 p.m. Jan. 18.
Americana group Brothers McCann will play as the special guest of the concert. The show is part of the Doyle Coffin Architecture Singer/Songwriter and Xfinity Rock Series with media sponsor WFUV 90.7fm.
"Sexton is a down-home virtuoso with a voice that can groan like an alternative rocker, slide like a soul man or leap up to a pearly falsetto," a press release said. "Spirited and soulful, Sexton's songwriting covers the American landscape, from gospel to R&B, country and blues."
In 2009, Sexton’s solo won Best Live Performance Album at the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards.
Tickets are $70 by calling the box office at 203-438-5795 or at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport