RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Singer/songwriter Martin Sexton is coming to The Ridgefield Playhouse at 8 p.m. Jan. 18.
Americana group Brothers McCann will play as the special guest of the concert. The show is part of the Doyle Coffin Architecture Singer/Songwriter and Xfinity Rock Series with media sponsor WFUV 90.7fm.
"Sexton is a down-home virtuoso with a voice that can groan like an alternative rocker, slide like a soul man or leap up to a pearly falsetto," a press release said. "Spirited and soulful, Sexton's songwriting covers the American landscape, from gospel to R&B, country and blues."
In 2009, Sexton’s solo won Best Live Performance Album at the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards.
Tickets are $70 by calling the box office at 203-438-5795 or at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director