STAMFORD, Conn. -- Curtain Call of Stamford will present six free outdoor performances of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" at its Newfield Avenue home, beginning July 10.
The performances will be on the great lawn alongside The Royal Green Restaurant at Sterling Farms in Stamford. The dates are July 10, 11, 12, 13, 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m.
The park opens for seating at 6 p.m. with parking across the street at Davenport Ridge School. A limited amount of reserved seating is available. Two additional performances are scheduled for Turnure Park in downtown White Plains, N.Y., on July 15 and 16, at 7 p.m.
What began as a great "what if" over a birthday lunch in June 2003, has become a staple of the summer entertainment scene in Fairfield County. Curtain Call has been bringing live performances of Shakespeare's plays to the community as part of their year-round production portfolio since its first presentation of "Twelfth Night" in July 2004. This year offers a new adaptation by associate artistic director Peter Barbieri Jr.
Productions are presented on Curtain Call's own version of the Globe Theatre Stage designed by Barbieri. This year's production is directed by Sara Zimmerman.
More information is available at www.curtaincallinc.com or by calling 203-329-8207.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 5 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury