DANBURY, Conn – The Danbury Library will continue to host free events, activities and contests as part of its “Get a Charge Out of Reading” program this summer.
Alex the Jester will entertain kids ages 10 and older on Wednesday, July 16, from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Magician Steve Woyce will perform with his puppet, Jules, for kids ages 3 to 10 on Thursday, July 17, from 11 to 11:45 a.m.
Children in grades 1 through 5 who have been reading at least one hour a week and those in grades 6 to 8 who have been reading at least two hours a week can sign up for Danbury Mayor Mark D. Boughton’s Reading Challenge.
Those who meet or exceed these requirements are invited for a recognition ceremony with Boughton at City Hall in August.
All kids in grades from preschool to Grade 12 can join the library’s reading club and win prizes by recording reading times each week and logging them in the library.
All programs require registration by visiting the Danbury Library’s website and clicking on “events” or by calling the Junior Services Department at 203-797-4528.
The Danbury Library is located on 170 Main St.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury