DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University is teaming up with the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra for a concert.
The two groups will partner on the final performance of the 2013-14 chamber concert series at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9 at the Ives Concert Hall on the university's Midtown campus at 181 White St. in Danbury. The program includes a variety of musical styles, ranging from a Beethoven trio based on a popular song to a tribute to the victims of the Dec. 14, 2012, Sandy Hook shooting.
The five selections to be performed are “Aria in Classic Style” (Grandjany), “Trio for Flute, Cello and Piano” (Martinu), “Dawn” (Frucht), “Six Studies in English Folk-Song” (Vaughan Williams) and “Trio for Clarinet, Cello and Piano in B flat Major” (Beethoven).
The university and orchestra chamber music concert series is sponsored by The Michael Skandera family and friends, and Reby Advisors.
General admission tickets are $25 or $15 for students, seniors and WCSU employees. WCSU students with valid ID will be admitted free. To purchase tickets, residents can visit the WCSU box office webpage or call the university box office at 203-837-TIXX (8499).
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury