DANBURY, Conn. – How much do you really know about Abraham Lincoln? The College Republicans at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury are hosting an event Wednesday to give people a glimpse into the fascinating, and perhaps unknown, aspects of the life of the 16th president.
“Audience members will be able to ask questions, and should walk away with a better understanding on who President Lincoln was,” said Michael Ferguson, president of WestConn’s College Republicans.
The event, “Who Was Abraham Lincoln?” will feature WestConn history professor Burton Peretti. The event will be held at 12:30 p.m. in Warner Hall on WestConn’s Midtown campus. The event is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served.
The timing of the event, as well as the recent spike in Lincoln-themed movies, has sparked interest in the life of the beloved president, Ferguson said.
“With February 12th marking President Lincoln's birthday, as well as the wide success of the movie 'Lincoln,' many have become very interested with him, and this lecture will hopefully build off of this,” he said.
- 1 Head Of Bikram Yoga, With Danbury Location, Faces Sex Assault Allegations
- 2 Salsa Fresca Serves Up Fast, Fresh Mexican Fare In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Business Takes New Approach To Funerals
- 4 Report Says 72 Arrests Were Made At Danbury Schools In 2013
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield