DANBURY, Conn. -- The Western Connecticut State University Center for Student Involvement will present the “Absurdity Tour” comedy festival on Homecoming night, Saturday, Oct. 22.
The event, at the Feldman Arena in the O’Neill Center on the university’s Westside campus in Danbury, is funded by the Student Government Association and will feature five comedians and a disc jockey.
The featured acts scheduled are as follows:
- DJ Bonics – Hip-hop DJ for Wiz Khalifa and part-time radio DJ at 96.1 Kiss FM in Pittsburgh, Pa., and Wired 96.5 FM in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Damon Wayans Jr. - Actor, writer and stand-up comedian, most widely known for starring as Brad Williams in the ABC comedy series “Happy Endings” and as Coach in the Fox comedy series “New Girl.” He is the oldest son of actor-comedian Damon Wayans and nephew of Keenen Ivory Wayans, Shawn Wayans, Kim Wayans and Marlon Wayans.
- Chris D’Elia - Stand-up comedian, actor, presenter, writer and comedy singer. He is known for playing Alex Miller on the NBC sitcom “Whitney” and for the role of Danny Burton on the sitcom “Undateable,” also on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander - Actor and comedian, known for playing the role of writer Frank Rossitano on the NBC sitcom “30 Rock” and for his role as Toby Radloff in the film “American Splendor.”
- Ron Funches - Comedian, actor and writer known for starring in the NBC series “Undateable” as Shelly. He has also appeared on” @midnight,” where he holds the record for most wins, and was a cast member and writer on “The Kroll Show.”
- Emma Willman - One of the top new comedians coming out of New York City, she has a variety of projects, including her own comedy show, “The Check Spot,” on SiriusXM.
Doors open at 8:30 p.m., and the show starts at 9.
Ticket are $10 for students, $22 for students’ guests (limit of two per student) and $32 for the general public.
For more information, contact the Center for Student Involvement at (203)-837-3954, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Feldman Arena is at 43 Lake Ave. Extension, Danbury.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.