DANBURY, Conn. – The 26th annual Taste of Greater Danbury two-day festival tops the highlights of events planned for this weekend in and around Danbury. For more to do, visit our Events page.
Friday, Sept. 7
After-School Program: 3 to 6 p.m. This after-school program runs weekdays for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Admission is $20 with a two-day minimum. For information, contact Mia Reichl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-512-1885. King Street United Church of Christ, 201 S. King St., Danbury.
Saturday, Sept. 8
Taste of Greater Danbury: Noon to 10 p.m. The annual food and music celebration will run Saturday and Sunday, beginning at noon. (Saturday it closes at 10 p.m., Sunday at 7 p.m.). Former Journey lead singer Steve Augeri will perform Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Free. Danbury CityCenter Green.
Discover Earthplace – Free Open House: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring your family and discover all that Earthplace offers – Pond Study, animal encounter, bird walk and camp fire with s’mores. Free. Earthplace, 10 Woodside Lane, Westport.
Sunday, Sept. 9
CancerCare’s Walk/Run For Hope: 9 a.m. The event costs between $10 and $40. For more information, visit Community.CancerCare.org. Jennings Beach, Fairfield.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off