DANBURY, Conn. -- A rare white deer was filmed grazing in Danbury this week by resident Shelley Lowell.
Lowell posted the video on YouTube and filmed the deer in her backyard. She said she put some cracked corn for the animal to graze on while she filmed.
A story in Danbury Patch said the doe appears to be a piebald deer, according to Andrew LaBonte, a wildlife biologist for the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. He said piebald deer are about 1 percent to 2 percent of the deer population and can have a range of white fur.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport