DANBURY, Conn. -- A rare white deer was filmed grazing in Danbury this week by resident Shelley Lowell.
Lowell posted the video on YouTube and filmed the deer in her backyard. She said she put some cracked corn for the animal to graze on while she filmed.
A story in Danbury Patch said the doe appears to be a piebald deer, according to Andrew LaBonte, a wildlife biologist for the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. He said piebald deer are about 1 percent to 2 percent of the deer population and can have a range of white fur.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl