DANBURY, Conn. -- A rare white deer was filmed grazing in Danbury this week by resident Shelley Lowell.
Lowell posted the video on YouTube and filmed the deer in her backyard. She said she put some cracked corn for the animal to graze on while she filmed.
A story in Danbury Patch said the doe appears to be a piebald deer, according to Andrew LaBonte, a wildlife biologist for the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. He said piebald deer are about 1 percent to 2 percent of the deer population and can have a range of white fur.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 3 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Blumenthal, Murphy Demand End To 'Default' Gun Sales After Charleston