DANBURY, Conn. – The City of Danbury’s free spring leaf pickup program will begin on Monday, April 17, and run for six weeks through Friday, May 26.
Only leaves bagged in paper leaf bags with no tape will be accepted.
Bags should be left at curbside in front of homes for the city’s Highway Department for pickup. This protocol will be strictly enforced, the city said.
Here are important rules to remember:
- No tape of any kind
- No plastic bags
- No large debris
- No grass, rocks, dirt, garbage or animal waste
- Branches will be picked up separately. Limbs must be cut into lengths no longer than 4 feet. No limb may be larger than 4 inches in diameter. Branches must be bundled with twine, no heavier than 35 pounds.
Here are the details of the schedule:
- The leaf pickup program is divided by I-84. Section A is South of I-84 in ZIP Code 06810, and Section B is North of I-84 in ZIP Code 06811.
- Section A will be picked up the first week, April 17, through April 21.
- Section B will be picked up the following week, April 24, through April 28.
- This cycle will be repeated through May 26.
Pickup dates are subject to change. If your bags are not picked up on the scheduled week they will be picked up the next week or before the program ends.
Ferris Mulch Products accepts leaf bags, tree and organic yard debris from Danbury residents.
It is located at 6 Plumbtrees Road in Danbury, and the hours are 7 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. weekdays and from 7:30 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Closed Sundays.
For more information on Ferris Mulch, call 203-790-1155 or visit www.ferrismulchproducts.com .
Any questions on the leaf pickup program, contact CityLine 311 at 203-744-4311.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.