DANBURY, CONN. -- The Danbury Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominees for its Heart of Women Award.
The award recognizes women who have inspired others and had an impact on the lives of those in the community.
The nominee must either reside, work or whose impact has been felt in the Greater Danbury community, including Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield and Sherman. They also must meet these other criteria:
- Demonstrate a spirit of creativity, innovation and initiative by responding in a proactive manner to an issue, concern or event that effect the lives of others.
- Have made a lasting difference in the lives of individuals of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Show actions that reflect her passion and personal commitment of time, talent or treasure on behalf of others.
- Demonstrate leadership, either in coordinating volunteer efforts of individuals or groups for fund-raising, special events, programs or services that benefit the community.
- Have inspired others to get involved, take responsibility, or assume leadership in order to effect positive change.
Nomination forms are available here .
The award will be announced on or about Aug. 19 and will be presented at an Oct. 17 ceremony at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.