DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury dancer Ryan Bulson is turning to the community to help fund his trip to Amsterdam for a two-week dance workshop.
Bulson has raised $395 toward his $1,500 goal on the website GoFundMe.com. He is looking to use the money to fund a trip in July to Amsterdam's Julidans Contemporary Dance Festival. Bulson is a graduate of Danbury High School.
"The program is designed to be an intensive immersion in the world of Contemporary Dance and an introduction to some of the most significant dance makers currently working," Bulson said on the GoFundMe page. "At the same time it offers an opportunity to engage in the rich cultural and historical milieu of one of Europe’s leading cities, world renown for its art museums, music, and performing arts as well as it’s centuries long history of activity at the center of Western culture."
The festival includes workshops and classes offered through Henny Jurriens Stichting and feature guest workshops from dancers from around the world.
"This trip would really be such an incredible experience for me and I hope you can help me get there," Bulson said on his page.
- 1 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Fallen Tree Closes Part Of Danbury's Deer Hill Ave., Causes Power Outages
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton