DANBURY, Conn. -- A 22-year-old Danbury man recently received his third kidney transplant, receiving the life-saving organ from a donor in Maine, according to WSFB-TV.
Ryan DaSilva received a kidney from his mother at age 3 and another from his brother in 2004. His father wanted to donate his kidney in the latest operation but was not a match, according to the article.
DaSilva's father was reportedly a match for someone in Ohio, however, leading to a chain of donations that eventually brought a kidney back to the Danbury native.
- 1 Danbury Home Renovated By HGTV's 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Danbury Holds Bulky Waste Drop-Off, City Cleanup Saturday
- 5 Deadly Crash, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In Danbury