DANBURY, Conn. -- A 22-year-old Danbury man recently received his third kidney transplant, receiving the life-saving organ from a donor in Maine, according to WSFB-TV.
Ryan DaSilva received a kidney from his mother at age 3 and another from his brother in 2004. His father wanted to donate his kidney in the latest operation but was not a match, according to the article.
DaSilva's father was reportedly a match for someone in Ohio, however, leading to a chain of donations that eventually brought a kidney back to the Danbury native.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open