DANBURY, Conn. -- A 22-year-old Danbury man recently received his third kidney transplant, receiving the life-saving organ from a donor in Maine, according to WSFB-TV.
Ryan DaSilva received a kidney from his mother at age 3 and another from his brother in 2004. His father wanted to donate his kidney in the latest operation but was not a match, according to the article.
DaSilva's father was reportedly a match for someone in Ohio, however, leading to a chain of donations that eventually brought a kidney back to the Danbury native.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl