DANBURY, Conn. -- A 22-year-old Danbury man recently received his third kidney transplant, receiving the life-saving organ from a donor in Maine, according to WSFB-TV.
Ryan DaSilva received a kidney from his mother at age 3 and another from his brother in 2004. His father wanted to donate his kidney in the latest operation but was not a match, according to the article.
DaSilva's father was reportedly a match for someone in Ohio, however, leading to a chain of donations that eventually brought a kidney back to the Danbury native.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 3 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Danbury, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home