DANBURY, Conn. -- A 22-year-old Danbury man recently received his third kidney transplant, receiving the life-saving organ from a donor in Maine, according to WSFB-TV.
Ryan DaSilva received a kidney from his mother at age 3 and another from his brother in 2004. His father wanted to donate his kidney in the latest operation but was not a match, according to the article.
DaSilva's father was reportedly a match for someone in Ohio, however, leading to a chain of donations that eventually brought a kidney back to the Danbury native.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend