DANBURY, Conn. -- Take a bit out of history as the Danbury Museum & Historical Society hosts its annual Cake Creation Celebration this weekend.
The even showcases the talents of local amateur and professional bakers as they make and decorate their best for the contest running from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 22.
The top bakers can win a $250 cash prize in two categories: taste and decoration.
Admission is $10 to come and sample the sweets and place your votes.
The Friends of The Danbury Museum will also hold a Bake Sale throughout the day. Proceeds from the event will benefit the museum.
"All are invited to attend to sample and enjoy 'A Collection of Cakes.' Don’t forget to vote for your favorites," a press release said.
Admission into the event is $10. To learn more about the contest or the event, visit the Danbury Museum and Historical Society website or call 203-743-5200.
The Danbury Musuem & Historical Society is located at 43 Main St. Overflow parking is available at the PriceRite grocery store next door.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 3 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street