DANBURY, Conn. — Do you count your blessings every day and feel thankful for all that you have? There are many in Danbury who are not as fortunate as you are. On March 10, you can take the opportunity to give where you live as part of the Fairfield County Community Foundation's third annual Giving Day.
Giving Day is a 24-hour online fundraising competition that unites people around local causes for which they feel a strong connection.
Fairfield County's Community Foundation is a tax-exempt, place-based public charity created to help individuals, families and companies make a difference in Fairfield County.
How to give: On Thursday, March 10, from midnight to 11:59 p.m., CLICK HERE and donate to a local charity of your choice. The minimum donation is $10, and there is no maximum.
Following is a list of all the charities in Danbury that are taking part in Giving Day:
- Amos House Inc.
- Ann's Place Inc.
- Connecticut Institute for Communities Inc.
- Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut
- Danbury Farmers' Market Community Collaborative
- Danbury Promise for Children Partnership
- Danbury Schools and Business Collaborative
- Danbury Youth Services Inc.
- Friends of the Ives Inc.
- Housatonic Habitat for Humanity
- Musicals at Richter Inc.
- Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut
- Tails of Courage Inc.
- The Bridge to Independence & Career Opportunities
- The Hord Foundation Inc.
- The Land Trust of Danbury
- United Way of Western Connecticut
- Western Connecticut Association for Human Rights
- Women's Center of Greater Danbury Inc.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.