DANBURY, Conn. -- Are you worried that your toddler may not be on track for his age group? Danbury’s Promise for Children Partnership is offering free developmental screenings for children ages 24 to 36 months on Thursday, June 19.
The free screenings, for 2-year-old children, will be done at the WIC Office at 80 Main St., Danbury, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Preregistration is required.
Parents who bring their children for a screening will receive a $10 Target gift card, as well as a free growth chart and important information about their child’s growth and development.
The purpose of the developmental screening is make sure children are “on track” with their growth and learning. Professional screeners will use the Ages & Stages Tool to screen children. If any child is identified as at-risk for a developmental and/or behavioral problem, parents will be referred to supports and services.
“The purpose of this screening event is to make parents and caregivers aware of the fact that children should be screened for developmental issues, just as they should have vision or hearing screenings,” said Caroline LaFleur, director of Danbury’s Promise for Children Partnership.
“Screening can be critical in identifying small learning issues before they turn into bigger issues. The earlier children receive services, the better,” she added.
Danbury’s Promise for Children Partnership is sponsoring the screening event together with WIC and Families Network of Western Connecticut, as part of the Help Me Grow statewide awareness campaign.
For your child to get a free screening, you must register in advance:
- English speakers can register by calling Caroline LaFleur at 203-300-1486 or emailing email@example.com.
- Spanish speakers can register by calling Colby Rutledge at 203-648-5666 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portuguese speakers can register by calling Carina Almeida at 203-790-2682 or emailing email@example.com.
For more information, call Caroline LaFleur at 203-300-1486 or visit www.danburypromiseforchildren.org.
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury