DANBURY, Conn. – Caroline Tucker of Danbury is the winner of the 2014 Western Connecticut Health Network Lyme Disease Registry Poster Contest.
Public and private elementary school students in grades K-8 were asked to create posters that display one of the five “BLAST” tips to protect families, including pets, from Lyme disease. Here are the tips:
- Bathe or shower soon after coming indoors
- Look for ticks and remove with tweezers
- Apply repellents for skin and/or clothing
- Spray the perimeter of your yard for ticks
- Treat your pets to prevent tick bites
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.