DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Library has declared Aug. 18 through Aug. 25 as “Erase Your Fines” week.
Customers who have accumulated overdue fines, whether for one day or 10 years, are welcome to return their items and bring along a school supply in exchange for the overdue items. All library items must be returned in good condition to apply for the program.
The collected supplies will be donated to the United Way of Western Connecticut to be used for its “Back to School Program.”
“During the past few years, we have conducted food drives in exchange for waiving customer fines, but this year I thought I would try something different,” Darlene Garrison, Circulation Department manager, said in a statement. “And, all donations are welcome, you don’t have to have an overdue item to donate to this worthwhile program; we are happy to accept everyone’s school supply donations.”
For additional information, contact Darlene Garrison at 203-797-4513.
- 1 2 Hurt After Car Spins Out, Box Truck Overturns On I-84 In Danbury
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Drug Trafficker Gets Seven Years In Prison For Danbury Home Invasions
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Danbury
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Danbury; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely