DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Library has declared Aug. 18 through Aug. 25 as “Erase Your Fines” week.
Customers who have accumulated overdue fines, whether for one day or 10 years, are welcome to return their items and bring along a school supply in exchange for the overdue items. All library items must be returned in good condition to apply for the program.
The collected supplies will be donated to the United Way of Western Connecticut to be used for its “Back to School Program.”
“During the past few years, we have conducted food drives in exchange for waiving customer fines, but this year I thought I would try something different,” Darlene Garrison, Circulation Department manager, said in a statement. “And, all donations are welcome, you don’t have to have an overdue item to donate to this worthwhile program; we are happy to accept everyone’s school supply donations.”
For additional information, contact Darlene Garrison at 203-797-4513.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 3 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Blumenthal, Murphy Demand End To 'Default' Gun Sales After Charleston