DANBURY, Conn. -- CityCenter Danbury is looking for residents with fond memories of the event in honor of the silver anniversary of First Night Danbury on Dec. 31 in downtown Danbury.
The 25th First Night Danbury will kick off on New Year's Eve with the theme "Make New Friends, Keep The Old" in downtown Danbury. The event, founded in 1989 by a community of volunteers and, more recently, taken under wing and given new vigor by CityCenter Danbury, First Night Danbury is one of the oldest First Nights in the U.S. and one of only three in Connecticut, according to a press release.
"To mark First Night Danbury's milestone silver anniversary, the highly anticipated event is seeking fond remembrances, childhood memories, tall tales, 'oops' moments and other 'I remember' stories to compile and document as it reminisces on the history of this popularly embraced event and its down-home, downtown family-friendly vision," representatives said. "Whether founding volunteer, veteran performer, participating site or service, or one of the crowd, First Night Danbury wants to hear from you."
Residents can mail items -- including pictures -- to Attn: First Night Danbury, CityCenter, 186 Main St., Danbury CT 06810 or email directly to Ted Killmer at email@example.com.
- 1 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 2 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 5 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night