DANBURY, Conn. -- Looking to clear your book shelves to make room for new good reads? The Friends of the Danbury Library are holding their last book drop-off donation event before the group's giant October sale.
The August book drop-off day is set for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at 30 Main St. The site is just a half mile south of the library, across from PriceRite. Newtown Savings Bank is on the ground floor.
The group will accept donations of used books, CDs and DVDs. Volunteers will be on hand at the side entrance to help unload your car and carry in donations. Please box up and bag up your items to donate.
"Your donations are important for our big October Book Sale," the group said in a statement. "We use that income to help support Danbury Library programs and services."
The following items will not be accepted:
- VHS videotapes
- Reader's Digest condensed books,
- Medical or business books older than five years,
- Textbooks older than three years,
- Computer books older than two years,
- Textbooks with writing, highlighting, or underlining,
- Badly damaged books.
For more information, call 203-797-4568, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at wwwDanburyfriends.org. Monetary donations can be sent to Friends of the Danbury Library, PO Box 3913, Danbury, CT 06813.
- 1 Man Faces Multiple Charges After Two-State Chase That Ended In Danbury
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 CityCenter Danbury Releases August Concert Lineup
- 5 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Big Lottery Win Tops Week's News In Danbury