DANBURY, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Danbury’s Dr. Ian K. Smith!
Smith, who has lived in Danbury, turns 45 on Tuesday. The physician and author was born July 15, 1969, in Danbury.
In April 2007, Smith launched the 50 Million Pound Challenge. It is helping cities, civic groups, friends and families to team up to help reverse the epidemic of excess weight and create a culture of healthier living.
Smith has written eight books, including "The Fat Smash Diet," which was released in April 2010; "The Truth About Men," released in April 2012; "Shred: The Revolutionary Diet," released in December 2012; and "Super Shred: The Big Results Diet," published in December 2013.
Additionally, he founded the 50 Million Pounds website. The website had developed a partnership with CVS among other companies.
He has appeared on various television shows, including “The View,” “The Tyra Banks Show,” “Larry King Live,” “Anderson Cooper 360,” “Showbiz Tonight,” “The Verdict with Dan Abrams,” and "The Opie and Anthony Show."
He is also the host of "HealthWatch with Dr. Ian Smith," a nationally syndicated daily news feature heard on American Urban Radio Networks.
He has written for various publications including Time, Newsweek, Men’s Health, and the New York Daily News, and has been featured in several other publications including, People, Essence, Ebony, Cosmopolitan, and University of Chicago Medicine on the Midway.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview