DANBURY, Conn. – Fitness fans can take part in a 5K run or walk, then enjoy a dish of homeperogies as Holy Trinity Orthodox Church hosts the Perogie Dash 5K Road Race in Danbury.
The race on Saturday, Aug. 16, will benefit Healing Hearts Center for Grief and Loss in Danbury. The race will start at 74 Joes Hill Road in Danbury.
The event will feature the 5K Run along with a 5K Health Walk beginning at 9 a.m. It will be preceded by a 1K Kids Fun Run starting at 8:30 a.m.
Individuals and teams can run or walk to benefit Healing Hearts, a program of Regional Hospice and Home Care.
Prizes of Matroiska Nesting Dolls will be awarded for 12 age groups as well as overall winners. There will also be a prize for the team that brings in the most donations. Medals will be given to all children participating in the kids fun run.
A post-race party will feature Holy Trinity's famous homemade perogies.
This year’s event is sponsored by The Lisa Muller Memorial Foundation, Eye Care of Danbury-Sarah Baroody, M.D., Union Savings Bank, Poland Spring, and Baroody Plastic Surgery.
Registration is available online at www.holytrinitydanbury.org/roadrace or register at the door beginning at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, call 203-748-0671 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man Faces Multiple Charges After Two-State Chase That Ended In Danbury
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 CityCenter Danbury Releases August Concert Lineup
- 5 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Big Lottery Win Tops Week's News In Danbury