DANBURY, Conn. -- The United Way of Western Connecticut is set to host the Hometown Heroes Benefit Dinner in Danbury.
The United Way will host the dinner starting at 6 p.m. March 21 at The Matrix in Danbury. The dinner will honor those in Northern Fairfield and Southern Litchfield Counties who distinguish themselves through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Awards will be given in four categories including: Corporate Philanthropy, Community Partner, Corporate Volunteer and Industrial Volunteer. The event will also feature silent and live auctions.
Comedienne Christine O’Leary will emcee the event. Proceeds from the dinner will benefit United Way of Western Connecticut’s community fund, which supports local programs focused on education, income and health.
"We are also honored to have Kevin Boothe, New York Giants Offensive Lineman No. 77, join us as our special guest that evening," representatives said. "Through United Way’s 40 year collaboration with the National Football League, NFL clubs and players work with United Ways to advance health and education for America’s young people through national and local initiatives like United Way TEAM NFL."
Boothe will welcome guests at the reception at 5 p.m. He will be available to sign footballs and take photographs with fans during the evening.
- 1 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 3 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 4 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 5 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire