DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Two Danbury residents -- Anthony Sterlin Cantave, 34, and Venus Verges, 33 -- are facing federal charges of participating in a conspiracy involving the theft of money from the U.S. Postal Service.
- A graduate of Danbury’s Western Connecticut State University has started a 'Better Thinking' scholarship for a full-time senior student who is majoring in marketing, interactive marketing or communication/ media studies.
- Eddison Loja, 18, and Walter Vasquez, 23, both of Danbury, were spotted walking through a day-care center parking lot while carrying a rifle-style BB gun. They were arrested on multiple charges.
- Researchers from the Danbury Hospital Biomedical Research Institute made a discovery between certain proteins and ovarian cancer.
Danbury’s Anna Messina the girlfriend of John Valluzzo who shot to death in his Ridgefield home last year during a police standoff, is suing his estate.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview