DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Two Danbury residents -- Anthony Sterlin Cantave, 34, and Venus Verges, 33 -- are facing federal charges of participating in a conspiracy involving the theft of money from the U.S. Postal Service.
- A graduate of Danbury’s Western Connecticut State University has started a 'Better Thinking' scholarship for a full-time senior student who is majoring in marketing, interactive marketing or communication/ media studies.
- Eddison Loja, 18, and Walter Vasquez, 23, both of Danbury, were spotted walking through a day-care center parking lot while carrying a rifle-style BB gun. They were arrested on multiple charges.
- Researchers from the Danbury Hospital Biomedical Research Institute made a discovery between certain proteins and ovarian cancer.
Danbury’s Anna Messina the girlfriend of John Valluzzo who shot to death in his Ridgefield home last year during a police standoff, is suing his estate.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm