DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- A 20-year-old Bridgeport man Garfield Sanderson was arrested and charged with murder in a fatal shooting in Danbury.
- Danbury High's graduation rate dipped below 80-percent in 2013 according to an annual state study.
- A prescription discount card program introduced by Mayor Mark Boughton in January 2013 has saved Danbury residents over $151,600 in costs after 2,326 prescriptions were filled using the card.
- The Redding Roadhouse restaurant at 406 Redding Road, Route 53, near Hill Road will close its doors after three decades in business.
State Rep. Janice R. Giegler (R-138) commended the unanimous passage of H.B. 5148 bill aimed at improving safety standards at ski areas in Connecticut.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open