DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- A 20-year-old Bridgeport man Garfield Sanderson was arrested and charged with murder in a fatal shooting in Danbury.
- Danbury High's graduation rate dipped below 80-percent in 2013 according to an annual state study.
- A prescription discount card program introduced by Mayor Mark Boughton in January 2013 has saved Danbury residents over $151,600 in costs after 2,326 prescriptions were filled using the card.
- The Redding Roadhouse restaurant at 406 Redding Road, Route 53, near Hill Road will close its doors after three decades in business.
State Rep. Janice R. Giegler (R-138) commended the unanimous passage of H.B. 5148 bill aimed at improving safety standards at ski areas in Connecticut.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Danbury Teen Selected To Visit D.C., Meet With President Obama
- 3 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 4 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money