DANBURY, Conn. -- Are you busy sprucing up your yard for spring? Danbury is scheduled to begin its spring leaf pickup program Monday, April 14, and will run for six weeks through Friday, May 23.
Crews will pick up yard debris, or green waste such as leaves, weeds, flowers, and non-woody roots and shrubs.
Only yard debris bagged in paper leaf bag with no tape can be left at curbside in front of residences for the city’s Highway Department to pick up, the city of Danbury announced.
Small tree trimmings and branches less than 4 inches in diameter will be collected and must be bundled with twine only. These will be picked up separately during the same period.
No tape of any kind is allowed on bags. No plastic bags are allowed. No grass, rocks, dirt, garbage or animal waste should be discarded. Do not put out stumps.
The spring pickup program is divided by I-84:
- Section A is south of I-84 in ZIP code 06810 and
- Section B is north of I-84 in ZIP code 06811.
Section A will be picked up the week of April 14 through April 18 and then move to Section B the next week. This cycle will be repeated through May 23.
The Highway Department tries to get to as many streets during a week as possible, however, there are times when pickup will be held over until the following scheduled visit to your ZIP code, the city said in a statement.
Ferris Mulch Products at 6 Plumtrees Road will be open for Danbury residents who wish to drop off their own bags or tree debris before, during, and after the city’s collection program.
The hours are 7 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 7:30 a.m. to noon Saturdays; closed on Sundays. The phone number is 203-790-1155, or you can visit their website at www.ferrismulchproducts.com for more information.
Scheduled Dates for Yard Debris Pick up Program:
- April 14 – April 18: Section A (ZIP code 06810)
- April 21 – April 25: Section B (ZIP code 06811)
- April 28 – May 2: Section A
- May 5 – May 9: Section B
- May 12 – May 16: Section A
- May 19 – May 23: Section B
For more information please contact CityLine 311 at 203-744-4311.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport