DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury residents are invited to dispose of bulky waste at a number of locations throughout the city for free on Saturday, May 3.
The event is for Danbury residents and property owners only. Identification is required to participate.
Residents are also encouraged to take the opportunity to clean their neighborhoods. Volunteer crews will be working throughout the city to rid areas of debris.
Drop off locations for junk are as follows:
- City Hall (155 Deer Hill Ave.).
- Rogers Park (by tennis courts).
- Public Works Building (53 Newtown Road).
- PAL Building (35 Hayestown Road).
- New location: Western Connecticut State University Westside Campus (43 Lave Ave. Extension).
Electronics, yard waste and hazardous materials will not be accepted.
Any scrap metal, tires and white appliances that contain freon, MUST be kept separate from the other trash.
Call 744-4311 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.