DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Danbury High School Class of 2013 graduate Ian Bick, 18, has opened a new night club Sky Bar & Lounge and will also soon be running a gourmet burger joint as well in the downtown of his hometown.
- A Danbury woman was ticketed after hitting a pedestrian on White Street. Police still looking for help in identifying the pedestrian.
- A new Magnet Middle School will open next fall for the 2014-15 school year, enrolling a total of 600 students.
- Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton announced a run for governor in this year's election.
- A Danbury woman was charged with risk of injury to a minor after her 4-year-old daughter was found walking alone on White Street in sub-zero wind chill temperatures.
- Danbury Whalers head coach Philip P. Esposito Jr., 43, was arrested after allegedly pushing a female fan, causing her 7-year-old daughter to fall.
- Eight adults and three children in three families received emergency housing and food assistance from the Red Cross after a house fire on Golden Hill Avenue in Danbury.
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Danbury High Female Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach