DANBURY, Conn. – National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, author and international hiker Jennifer Pharr Davis will be the featured speaker at the Danbury Library.
The free event will be held Wednesday, June 4, at 7:15 p.m. at the library at 170 Main St.
Davis was selected in 2012 as one of 10 National Geographic Adventurers of the Year. She has hiked over 12,000 miles on six continents. Davis achieved the endurance record in 2011 for her 2,181-mile hike on the Appalachian Trail, where she averaged 47 miles per day for 46 straight days. Davis discusses this achievement in her recent book, “Called Again: A Story of Love and Triumph.”
She has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Daily Beast, National Public Radio’s “Talk of the Nation” and the “CBS Early Show.”
Davis will discuss her hike on the the Appalachian Trail and present slides from her multicountry, long-distance hiking experiences. Copies of her book will be available for purchase and signing after her presentation.
Register online at danburylibrary.org or call 203-797-4527.
For more information, contact Maryellen DeJong, Danbury Library community relations coordinator, at 203-796-8061.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 3 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Blumenthal, Murphy Demand End To 'Default' Gun Sales After Charleston