DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's White Street task force will begin the second wave of improvements to pedestrian safety near the Western Connecticut State University Campus, according to the NewsTimes.com.
The new plan aims to help circulate and direct pedestrians to designated crossing areas and making drivers more aware that they are in a high-activity area. Ideas included: more gathering areas on WCSU's lawns, better lighting, WCSU banners on lamp posts and plantings between the walkway and street, the NewsTimes.com reported.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport