DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's White Street task force will begin the second wave of improvements to pedestrian safety near the Western Connecticut State University Campus, according to the NewsTimes.com.
The new plan aims to help circulate and direct pedestrians to designated crossing areas and making drivers more aware that they are in a high-activity area. Ideas included: more gathering areas on WCSU's lawns, better lighting, WCSU banners on lamp posts and plantings between the walkway and street, the NewsTimes.com reported.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later