DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury's White Street task force will begin the second wave of improvements to pedestrian safety near the Western Connecticut State University Campus, according to the NewsTimes.com.
The new plan aims to help circulate and direct pedestrians to designated crossing areas and making drivers more aware that they are in a high-activity area. Ideas included: more gathering areas on WCSU's lawns, better lighting, WCSU banners on lamp posts and plantings between the walkway and street, the NewsTimes.com reported.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn