DANBURY, Conn. -- The city of Danbury issued a Level 1 snow emergency effective at midnight Thursday.
Residents are asked to their vehicles off city streets so the city can start snow removal operations.
Also, residents are reminded to shovel the sidewalks and dig out the fire hydrants in front of their homes.
Mayor Mark Boughton warned Danbury residents of the coming storm in a reverse call Wednesday evening.
Snow was expected to begin falling overnight and continue all day Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. A Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County will be in effect from midnight through 6 a.m. Friday.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove