DANBURY, Conn. -- The city of Danbury issued a Level 1 snow emergency effective at midnight Thursday.
Residents are asked to their vehicles off city streets so the city can start snow removal operations.
Also, residents are reminded to shovel the sidewalks and dig out the fire hydrants in front of their homes.
Mayor Mark Boughton warned Danbury residents of the coming storm in a reverse call Wednesday evening.
Snow was expected to begin falling overnight and continue all day Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. A Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County will be in effect from midnight through 6 a.m. Friday.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Head Of Bikram Yoga, With Danbury Location, Faces Sex Assault Allegations
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Teen Serves As Chris Murphy's First Page In U.S. Senate