DANBURY, Conn. -- The city of Danbury issued a Level 1 snow emergency effective at midnight Thursday.
Residents are asked to their vehicles off city streets so the city can start snow removal operations.
Also, residents are reminded to shovel the sidewalks and dig out the fire hydrants in front of their homes.
Mayor Mark Boughton warned Danbury residents of the coming storm in a reverse call Wednesday evening.
Snow was expected to begin falling overnight and continue all day Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. A Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County will be in effect from midnight through 6 a.m. Friday.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 4 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury