DANBURY, Conn. -- The city of Danbury issued a Level 1 snow emergency effective at midnight Thursday.
Residents are asked to their vehicles off city streets so the city can start snow removal operations.
Also, residents are reminded to shovel the sidewalks and dig out the fire hydrants in front of their homes.
Mayor Mark Boughton warned Danbury residents of the coming storm in a reverse call Wednesday evening.
Snow was expected to begin falling overnight and continue all day Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. A Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County will be in effect from midnight through 6 a.m. Friday.
- 1 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 3 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You