Contact Us
Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT
Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT

Nearby Towns

news

Danbury Nursing Home Fined After Patient Dies From Choking On Meatball

The Danbury Health Care Center was fined after a resident died after choking on a meatball.
The Danbury Health Care Center was fined after a resident died after choking on a meatball. Photo Credit: healthbridgemanagement.com

DANBURY, Conn. -- The state Department of Public Health fined the Danbury Health Care Center last month after a resident died of complications from choking on a meatball, according to newstimes.com.

The resident at the nursing home was being treated for cancer as well as a seizure disorder, but medical records failed to document the patient's risk for the swallowing disorder dysphagia, the newstimes.com reported.

A practical nurse left the meal tray with the resident but returned to find the resident unresponsive, the story said. A meatball was removed from the patient's airway, but the patient died due to a lack of oxygen to the brain the following day, newstimes.com said.

Click here to read the full article.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.