DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- A 26-year-old patient barricaded himself in the Blue Sky Behavioral Office on Federal Road. Police subdued the man and sent him to the Danbury Hospital Emergency Room for evaluation.
- Western Connecticut State University graduate Frank LaBanca will serve as the principal of The Exploration Academies at Mill Ridge in Danbury.
- Danbury restaurants will participate in the annual Westport Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Ancona's Market in Ridgefield, a 94-year-old grocery store closes its doors forever in next few weeks. An accompanying liquor store will remain open.
- New York State Police arrested a Danbury man and charged him with driving while intoxicated , third-degree unlawful fleeing a police officer and reckless driving after crashing into a trooper's car.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.