DANBURY, Conn. -- Motorists in Danbury should be on the lookout for road closures due to milling and paving work.
Work is underway on some roads in the city and will continue through Aug. 21.
On Wednesday, Aug. 6, Hayestown Road will be closed from East Pembroke to Wood Street for milling from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
On Thursday, Aug. 7, and Friday, Aug. 8, Hayestown Road and Tamarack Avenue will be closed for paving.
Detours will be established.
Additionally, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Aug. 12, 13 and 14, there will be milling on Osborne Street, Balmforth Avenue, Lee Hartell Drive and Crosby Street.
These same streets will be paved, weather permitting, on Aug. 19, 20 and 21.
Drivers should plan for detours and road closures throughout this time and should use alternate routes whenever possible.
For more information or if you have any questions, contact CityLine 311 at 203-744-4311.
- 1 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street
- 3 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 4 Danbury Man, 50, Busted On Charges Of Selling Heroin At Condo Complex
- 5 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station